[ltp] Goodbye to Linux on my Thinkpad :-(

Laurent Gilson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 23 Dec 2006 21:05:38 +0100

Moien

>> > No, I could not get my 2nd VGA to work. I tried almost everything I=

>> > found.
>>
>> The solution is about 60 lines down in the i810 man page. It is calle=
>> Option "Clone".
> "everything" includes Option "Clone" "on"

Also removing the vesa-driver stanza from your 1. mail ? With a  =

ServerLayout-section that xorg can parse ?

>> ). Hell, even google
>> is too much, since most questions on this list  are answered by  =

>> thinkwiki
>> =3D> http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Intel_Graphics_Media_Accelerator_9=
50
> "everything" includes looking at ThinkWiki

Get a clean and working xorg.conf(one without any additional  =

vesa-thingyies or displays. Just the basics to get the internal TFT  =

working). Then exchange the i810 device section with this:

Section "Device"
         Identifier "Videocard0"
         Driver "i810"
         Option "MonitorLayout" "NONE,LFP+CRT"
         Option "DevicePresence" "true"
         Option "CheckLid" "false"
         VendorName "Lenovo"
         BoardName "Intel Corporation Mobile Integrated Graphics Control=
ler"
EndSection

cu