[ltp] Re: [ibm-acpi-devel] ibm-acpi ThinkPad X60 brightness support problems

Sun, 31 Dec 2006 17:50:24 -0200

On Sun, 31 Dec 2006, Chris Hanson wrote:
> This is also a problem with the 2.x versions of the T60 BIOS, so that's
> a larger pool of people who can help.  I can provide help, and I'm
> willing to write to Lenovo to complain.

This probably means ALL 2.x BIOSes in *60 and *61 are an issue.  This does
not bode well.  OTOH, some T60 owners *can* raise hell with Lenovo for
breaking Linux support, which will help later on.

> The 2.x versions also has the problem that causes the two processors to
> be controlled together when doing frequency scaling; in the 1.x the
> processors are handled independently.  My limited research seems to
> indicate that this is an ACPI problem.

This is a separate issue, so let's start another thread to talk about it.
And again, please remember you CAN report it as a bug to Lenovo.

  Henrique Holschuh