[ltp] Rovclock and Dynamicclocks / Rovclock and T40p

Michael Stilkerich linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 01 Feb 2006 14:47:04 -0800

On Mon, 2006-01-30 at 19:44 +0100, Laurent Gilson wrote:
> And are you sure about these values ? I think 200Mhz is the scaled down
> settings for the 9000.
That's at least what rovclock tells me. Oh and aticonfig --lsp does,
too, when using the fglrx driver. The scaled down settings according
to aticonfig are 110/110 MHz.

> I had tested it a bit some time ago: rovclock wins :). It fixes the speed
> of mem and core and the dynamic scaling stops working.
>
> In the first time dyn-clock caused random lockups (Can't test current
> status, but seems to work). rovclock was a emergency/fail-save way to get
> lower power consumptions. There is no real need for rovclock if dyn-clock
> works. So dump it.
Alright that's what I wanted to know:-)

Thanks,
-Mike