[ltp] power drain on T43

Daniel Skorka linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 2 Feb 2006 16:28:29 +0100

Hello,

I have a fairly new T43 (1871-65U) and would like to know how much power
yours takes during light use when on accu. With 'light use', I mean
writing texts, browsing, emails, that kind of stuff; no image processing,
no movies, no games, no compiling, I think you get the gist...
For comparison purposes, the display should be to full brightness, both
bluetooth and wireless deactivated, the CPU set to the lowest frequency
but without throttling.
The power drain should be taken by the following means during use:
--- snip  log.sh---
#!/bin/sh

for i in `seq 1 60`; do
  sleep 10s
  cat /proc/acpi/battery/BAT0/state | grep rate | cut -d ' ' -f 14 >> drain
done
--- snip log.sh ---
and then run
$ ./averag.awk < drain using
--- snip average.awk ---
#!/usr/bin/awk -f
{ sum += $1;
} END {\
print sum/NR;}
--- snip average.awk ---
Please post the result along with your model number so everyone can
compare these values to his own. APM users will have to adopt the script
on their own.

Thanks in advance for your efforts,
Daniel