[ltp] Re: Ultrabay hard drive

Josh linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 2 Feb 2006 17:27:51 -0800 (PST)

>> Thanks to everyone for their tips. This is turning
>> into a real headache.
>
> I'm curious what your approach to this is. I
> googled "vmware player virtua= l=20 machine", and on
the first and second
> pages found several links, including= =20 this one:

http://bruno.steadyhosting.co.uk/portal/viewtopic.php?t=3D41
I think that
> even buying a copy of VMware Workstation would be
better value= =20 than
> buying an extra hard drive, carrier, and external
CD, as well as quite= a=20
> bit more convenient.

Thanks for your reply.  That link took me to a page
about MD5-crypt algorithm.  My problem is that I can't
figure out how VMware works.  I downloaded the free
VMware player (which took a couple hours to install
because it didn't go like the install script was
telling me).  So I have this thing on my computer and
my Windows XP disks, but I don't know the next step.
Maybe I should download the workstation edition, but
I'd rather not spend hours trying to figure this out.
I'm wondering if there are going to be more hurdles
repartitioning my drive, and installing software.  I
just need something that works without a lot of time
spent figuring things out -- it doesn't matter if I
have to buy a hard drive or lose my internal CD drive.
 (Very unhappy about my computer at the moment. I wish
Adobe would make Linux versions of their software --
it doesn't seem like a far stretch for them to get
their software running on Linux if they can get it
running on OSX.)