[ltp] Don't buy the IBM 8K8190 / 8K8191 Ultrabay Slim Battery.

Bill Andrus linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 3 Feb 2006 09:47:24 -0500

Actually, this item is practical ONLY if you have two regular batteries and
want to continue processing without hibernation and wake-up while swapping
the mains.  I've found hibernation to be risky when travelling because the
wireless environment changes seem to always force a reboot when wake-up
fails.  By travelling with an extra 6- or 9-cell battery AND this Slim UB
cell, its very easy to pop the Multiburner, put in the Slim, swap the
mains, pull the Slim and reinsert the Multiburner.  YMMV.

Bill Andrus

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. -
Arthur C. Clarke

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-46438