[ltp] RAM and Thinkpads

Bret Comstock Waldow linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 6 Feb 2006 11:01:10 +1300

--nextPart4902875.qrOKlMcza5

On Mon, 06 Feb 2006 10:03, Nathan Bergen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking at upgrading the 256mb in my X30, and I'm curious how well
> most ram works with thinkpads.  I know laptops are often picky-choosy,
> and I'm wondering " If I buy a generic 512mb PC133 stick of eBay, will
> it work with my Thinkpad?  I'm looking more for recognize-compatibility
> here, rather than will-it-fit-in-the-slot.

www.oempcworld sells on ebay, and you can get ~ the same price from their=20
website.  They have a configurator that picks to match your machine, and th=
ey=20
guarantee compatibility and they guarantee the RAM for life.

They will buy your old RAM if you want, their prices are low (you can, of=20
course, find this out yourself, but you're already thinking of buying on eb=
ay=20
=2D they're there).

I read they recommended low-heat Apple spec'ed RAM for my Thinkpad T42, and=
 in=20
direct correspondence, said they guarantee it if they recommend it.  I've p=
ut=20
two 1G sticks in my T42 without any problem.  I use that RAM with big VMwar=
e=20
machines at work - no problems of any sort, and the machine runs cooler tha=
n=20
most people who've written here say their machines run (idle @ 41C & <65C=20
after many hours at full chat).

=46ree shipping if you're in the US.  I have subsequently bought RAM for my=
=20
TransNote - again, no problem.  I had them ship that one to me in NZ.

No connection - other than that I'm a customer, they don't know I exist.

Cheers,
Bret