[ltp] is Ultrabay hot swappable

mario linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 12 Feb 2006 12:32:53 -0800 (PST)

>> Interesting thought though.
>>
>> Got go reboot now :)
>>
>> mario;>
>
> :-)
> Thanks for trying, though.
>
> (I did mention that i don't take any responsibility if you mess up your
> ThinkPad by trying what i suggest, did i? I mean...somewhere...between
> the lines or so... ;-) )

:)
My mom always said:
"If someone tells you to jump off a bridge, are you?"

man hdparm under the -[UR] options mentions nuclear fallout, too.

On previous swapping hick ups i've actually had the whole box lock up hard.

Besides, after doing a level 0 dump i have 2 copies of my hard drive.
Not likely any of them will go, let alone both.

Also, after a perl script deleted my music collection a few years ago,
i've learned that it's a good idea to backup data dear to you.

Thank you for trying to be responsible, though.

Oh, and a sleep or hibernation cycle doesn't make it go away either.

mario;>