[ltp] Z60m internal Conexant HSF Modem

Sun, 5 Feb 2006 17:04:27 +0200

Greetings

I have been having problems getting the Conexant HSF internal modem in my Z60m
to work under Mandriva 2006.0. I have installed the relevant hsfmodem kernel
modules and the utilities, but whenever I try to access the modem via kppp's
"query modem" function, I get the message "modem busy". I suspect that this
is a bogus message, because it occurs whether I use /dev/ttySHSF[0123]
or /dev/ttyS[0123] or /dev/modem.

Does anyone have any experience of getting these lame winmodem devices to
work? I should like to dispense with my trusty PCMCIA Xircom Ethernet/Modem
combo card, because whenever I plug it in, I lose the Thinkpad's internal
ethernet interface for some reason. Ultimately I should like to use the modem
and the ethernet interface that come with the machine.

regards
Duncan