[ltp] X21 w/ 2.6.15, acpi suspend-to-ram needs to be resumed 3 times?!

Eric Jorgensen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 16 Feb 2006 10:49:15 -0700

   I've been using my X21 (2662-RRG) with linux for about 4 years. Starting
with 2.6.14 i can run 2.6 kernels without many complaints. I am not using
any external patches or drivers, just bog standard kerrnel.org source. I
have enabled the thinkpad-specific bits in the kernel.

   I've got acpi suspend-to-ram working pretty well. I followed the
recommendations in the wiki, and getting it to suspend properly is a piece
of cake.

   But when i wake it up, it goes back to sleep. twice. every time.

   It also doesn't wake up when i open the lid - i have to hit the power
button to wake it up - all three times.

   Behavior was the same in 2.6.14, currently running 2.6.15.1

   Any idea why this is happening?

   Distro is debian/etch, i am using xorg.

   Here's my /etc/acpi/actions/sleep.sh:

#!/bin/sh