[ltp] pcmcia wireless card for T23

Rei Shinozuka linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 16 Feb 2006 14:49:45 -0500

does the 3com X jack use the same internals?  i only ask because i haave
used the xjack on my T23 (only under windoze however).  it was very
convenient, as the antenna stores inside the body of the card; i.e., you
never need to take the card out when putting the laptop away. i really
hated that.

on the bad side, reception with the xjack is noticably not as strong
as the orinoco gold i used to have.
but if you are in an area with strong signals and if the xjack is linuxible,
you might consider the xjack for the convenience factor.

-rei