[ltp] pcmcia woes

paul linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 18 Feb 2006 15:50:59 -0500

T40p
Debian SID
2.6.15-4

Ever since I switched from pcmcia-cs to pcmciautils I have experienced
much more stability in my life. However, I also have a new problem
when I try to use pcmcia compact flash adapters. The card I have been
using for 2 years now, as well as any subsequent add have produced the
entries in messages listed below.

The hde: hde1 line repeats rather endlessly and the card is never able
to be mounted. If I remove the pcmcia adapter, the machine freezes and
needs a cold restart. Obviously not what I am looking for. I have
verified that the card itself is not bad by putting it in a usb
compact flash adapter and mounting it with no problems. Any ideas?

## dmesg
pccard: PCMCIA card inserted into slot 0
pcmcia: registering new device pcmcia0.0
usbcore: registered new driver hci_usb
Probing IDE interface ide2...
hde: Hitachi CVM1.3.3, CFA DISK drive
ide2 at 0x4100-0x4107,0x410e on irq 3
hde: max request size: 128KiB
hde: 125184 sectors (64 MB) w/1KiB Cache, CHS=3D978/4/32
hde: cache flushes not supported
  hde: hde1
ide-cs: hde: Vcc =3D 3.3, Vpp =3D 0.0
  hde: hde1