[ltp] Thinkpad module in 2.6.15?

Takis Diakoumis linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 19 Feb 2006 00:33:06 +1100

Hi

i recently upgraded to 2.6.15 on my R51 and was most impressed that i
didn't need to download/compile any additional modules. the thinkpad
modules included work just like my previous build 0.11 (i think they're
version 0.12) and the wireless modules worked perfectly also.

overall very very pleased - the only bits i still needed to get were the
firmware drivers for the wireless bits.

not sure what ubuntu is doing. i compiled my own 'lite-weight' kernel
from debian kernel source and it worked. may need to try compiling
yourself - or try a debian stock kernel - shouldn't have too many issues
under ubuntu, but not really sure.

Takis