[ltp] Problem with freezing, flashing caps lock light

John Sullivan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 25 Feb 2006 08:54:20 -0500

I'm wondering if anyone has seen a problem similar to this. I can't reproduce
it all the time, but what seems to be happening is that if I remove the
bluetooth PCMCIA card from my X40, and then put the laptop to sleep (ACPI
suspend to ram), when I try to resume again, the screen will come back, but
everything will be frozen, with the caps lock indicator light flashing. I have
to reboot. This is with 2.6.15, Debian unstable. As long as I leave the card
in, there is no problem with suspending and resuming, and there aren't any
similar problems with suspending and resuming in sessions where I don't use the
card at all.

I think I manage to avoid the problem sometimes by stopping the bluetooth
services before removing the card, but I'm not sure yet.

--
-John Sullivan
-http://www.wjsullivan.net