[ltp] Fingerprint Reader

Arnaud Fontaine linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 01 Jan 2006 16:24:42 +0100

    Alejandro> Hi, Can someone actually make things easier and just
    Alejandro> create a simple .deb that contains the bioapi, UPEK
    Alejandro> driver and patched pam_bioapi? A simple and straight deb
    Alejandro> package that is for people that have a fingerprint
    Alejandro> reader? ;-)

Hello,

I have filled two ITP (Intend  To Package), one for bioapi and the other
one for pam-bioapi. I think it  will be ready in the next weeks. However
the  UPEK driver  is non-free  so we  won't package  it for  Debian, but
hopefully this driver is really easy to install.

Concerning your problem, personnally  i installed bioapi package made by
Michael,  take a  look at  [1]. Did  you install  build-essential debian
package ?

Regards,

[1] http://linux.spiney.org/debian_gnu_linux_on_an_ibm_thinkpad_t43p_fingerprint_reader
--
Arnaud Fontaine <arnaud@andesi.org> - http://www.andesi.org/ | GPG
Public Key available on pgp.mit.edu | Fingerprint: D792 B8A5 A567 B001