[ltp] Xorg 6.9.0 freezes on a T41p after a Debian update (unstable)

Torsten Wolf linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 6 Jan 2006 23:14:36 +0100

On Fr, 06 Jan 2006, Carlos wrote:

>No, that I'm aware of. I'm using the vesa driver instead of radeon, as
>the proprietary ATI driver is not an option right now in unstable
>(fglrx-driver does not install with Xorg 6.9). I'm not sure if the vesa

It _does_ install with Xorg 6.9. At least I'm using it here on Debian
unstable with latest Xorg. However, I had to recompile the fglrx modules
because the old module for 6.8 would not work correctly. I'm not using
the fglrx-kernel-src package as the debian packages never built
correctly here. So I ran the ati-installer, patched firegl_public.c
(needed for recent kernels), recompiled and (nearly) everything works
like a charm.

Regards,
Torsten