[ltp] T60 Preview (No!!!! Not Windows Buttons!!! Take Them Away!!!!)

Paul RIVIER linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 07 Jan 2006 12:19:22 +0000

>And what did already happen to the destinctive design? I mean look at
>this new T-Series and tell me how much optical difference is there left
>to a Dell from 1 or 2 years ago?

I totaly agree. When people around me ask me "Why is your laptop so
expensive ?? It has less power than mine and it is ugly and ..." I can
reply that using a thinkpad gives me an overall feeling of *well
designed* product, with original stuffs. And I think it is quiet
beautifull. But this T60, this silver skin, those windows buttons, this
vga on the side etc ... Seems like lenovo will kill everything I like on
a thinkpad. Who care about having a processor more powerfull than an
athlon 3800+++ in a laptop ? Gentoo users ? :)
I would have prefered them to keep the overall power and increase
battery life ! Most laptop users use it for office purpose ... And even
if few people look at the battery life when they buy a laptop, they are
all complaining about that later.

Seems like IBM has given priority to the feeling of the customer 1 week
after the purchase, and lenovo gives priority to the feeling a customer
has 5 minutes before the purchase ... just like many other manufacturers.

Paul Rivier