[ltp] T60 Preview (No!!!! Not Windows Buttons!!! Take Them Away!!!!)

Kris Steenhaut linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 07 Jan 2006 18:28:02 +0100

Michele Campeotto schreef:

>On 1/7/06, Kilian CAVALOTTI <kilian.cavalotti@lip6.fr> wrote:
>

>>Well. How do you explain they left their logo both on the case (below the
>>keyboard, and on the cover) and probably as the BIOS splash logo? Shouldn't have
>>it be replaced by a Lenovo logo? I guess they still care a bit. ;)
>>

>  The logo is there because *customers* care, not IBM. Would you
>rather buy a ThinkPad with a Lenovo or IBM logo on it?

... and anyway, when the 5 years are over, there will be only a Lenovo logo.

Remember:

IBM PS/2 --> Ambas (and vanished after a couple of years)
IBM (Pro) printers --->  Lexmark
IBM keyboard  --> www.pckeyboard.com (yes, the genuine "IBM" keyboard
still exists, but without IBM logo)
IBM harddisks ---> Hitachi (the 5 years are almost over now, as some of
you might have noticed)
IBM Thinkpad ---> Lenovo --> still almost 5 years to go.

Other than receiving bucks for granting the IBM logo, (former) Big Blue
wasn't/isn't involved.

Harsh a truth, but still the truth.

--
Groeten uit Gent,