[ltp] T22 ACPI Problems

Laurent Pelecq linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 07 Jan 2006 22:53:56 +0100

Daniel Maier a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I am running 2.6.15 and Debian on a T22.
> The below described problem was there with all kernels from 2.6.12
> on, earlier kernels not tested.
>
> Everything works fine until some magic point. Then the volume and
> ThinkPad Buttons stop sending any events through /dev/nvram. Also
> rmmod <any acpi related modul> hangs.
>
> After a suspend to ram, also all ACPI events stop working. Fixing it
> is only possible with a reboot.
>
> This behavior occurs very randomly, sometimes after hours, sometimes
> after days or even weeks. I believe there is some relation between
> plugging in the jack to the hifi, but there is only a time relation.
>
> Has anyone any ideas, what to do or where to start searching?

Check this thread, it may be the same problem.
http://mailman.linux-thinkpad.org/pipermail/linux-thinkpad/2005-November/030666.html

I suppose this is due to the order the ACPI modules are loaded. It may
also be related to module "battery". I always use my machine on AC. But
the only time I used it on battery, I had the problem again.

Laurent