[ltp] vlock + suspend to RAM fails

Daniel Maier linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 22 Jan 2006 00:06:35 +0100

--7JfCtLOvnd9MIVvH

On Sat, Jan 21, 2006 at 11:30:52PM +0100, Felix E. Klee wrote:
> > I have to reload several modules
> > and enable devices through PNP BIOS to make them work again.
>=20
> Why? What kind of devices are affected on what machine?

T22. I currently reloading snd_cs46xx (sound) and nsc_ircc (irda),
which I have to enable, too.

> > You control what is done when suspending and waking up, so it should
> > be enough to do the locking first after waking up.
>=20
> But it's a multitasking OS. :-) The script finishes off in the
> background.  Of course, it may be secure nevertheless since "vlock"
> should be the first program that the kernel gets instructed to execute
> after the system is back from sleep.
I think its kinda fast. I am locking my screen *after* resuming
using xscreensaver, and I have never had enough time to kill it,
even when theres high load. But you are right, it is not that clean.

Regards, nusse.

--7JfCtLOvnd9MIVvH

--7JfCtLOvnd9MIVvH--