[ltp] Firefox/Thunderbird filepicker solution

Tue, 24 Jan 2006 01:33:56 +0200

--p4qYPpj5QlsIQJ0K

On Mon, Jan 23, 2006 at 10:04:23PM +0000, Richard Neill wrote:
> Marius Gedminas wrote:
> >On Sun, Jan 22, 2006 at 07:09:18PM +0000, Richard Neill wrote:
> >
> >>P.S. Is it just me, or do other people agree that the new GTK filepicke=
r=20
> >>is an abomination?
> >

> >I like it better than the old Firefox one.  The hidden Ctrl+L shortcut
> >that lets you type a directory name (with completion) is very
> >convenient.
>=20
> That is quite useful. Typical GNOME to make something like this=20
> invisible though.
>=20
> BUT, it still takes 25 seconds to appear! There's some sort of timeout=20
> going on: nothing at all happens for 23 seconds, and then there is about=
=20
> 2 sec of disc/cpu activity. Subsequent times are much faster, until Fx=20
> is restarted.

Wow, that would be quite unbearable for me.  Do you have any network
devices bookmarked in your file chooser, or some such?

Marius Gedminas
--=20
Unix gives you enough rope to shoot yourself in the foot.

--p4qYPpj5QlsIQJ0K

--p4qYPpj5QlsIQJ0K--