[ltp] suspend, T43

Lou Yovin linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 26 Jan 2006 17:36:53 -0500

Firt: is there a way to search among the archives here? An FAQ?
I may have backed myself into a corner here... I have a T43 with SUSE 10.0 on
it. I reinstalled without ACPI to fix a performance problem running VMWare 5.5
with a Windows 2000 guest (needed for development work). That solves my
performance problem (at the expense of battery life, although not all that
bad). The problem comes when I try to suspend. The screen corrupts (a bunch of
multi colored lines and squiggles), and the moon thingie just blinks. The
machine is locked up and I can only power it off to get out of it. Anyone with
experience like this have any suggestions (other than reinstalling ACPI).

Thanks

--

  Lou Yovin

    --- __@
   -- _-\<,_

"Hard work has a future payoff. Laziness pays off now."