[ltp] Re: Ultrabay hard drive

Josh linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 28 Jan 2006 10:37:40 -0800 (PST)

... > Will the Ultrabay work with any laptop hard
drive, or > do I have to buy a special hard drive from
Lenovo? any drive will work... it's an ultrabay hard
drive adapter. > Has anyone done this and is it a good
solution?

>I used to do this back in the days of my 770, but now
I find it much more
>convenient to use vmware for when I must use windows.
brad

I looked at vmware a little bit.  Wouldn't it slow the
computer down to use Windows as well as programs on
top of Linux?  For example, running Photoshop and
Image Ready on Windows in VMware while running Firefox
and a text editor also?  Or will it work reasonably
well?  Is there any part of Windows that doesn't run
well under VMware?

(I have 1GB memory.)