[ltp] Agere modem driver for A31

Mendel Cooper linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 28 Jan 2006 11:42:40 -0700 (MST)

Just picked up a used TP A31, the kind with the Agere
Weenie-modem. There's a Linux driver for it -- ageresoftmodembeta-2.1.0-2
-- which I downloaded, but it's useless. The binary rpm is for RH9,
and the source rpm refuses to rebuild on an FC4 installation.

All is not lost, however. I managed to get a pcmcia modem card working
with the A31. Funny thing, though. I had to set it to use /dev/ttyS2,
rather than the usual /dev/ttyS1. Don't know why.

So, has anyone had any success in getting the built-in Agere modem
to work under Linux?