[ltp] Fan control under ubuntu

Ignacio Fernández Galván linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 02 Jul 2006 16:58:55 +0200

Joăo Miguel Pais, 02-07-2006:

> I've been noticing that under ubuntu the fan of the computer starts and
> never stops until I shut down - which might mean that I don't have power
> management properly set up.

What's the room temperature? What's the CPU temperature? What's the CPU
freq?

I have an R51 and in winter the fan stops without problems when the CPU
(or whatever) temp drops below ~37°C. Now it's summer and I have no air
conditioning, the room temperature is well above 25°C (almost 30°C) now I
don't see the CPU below 40°C, that means the fan never stops (fortunately).

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.
http://es.voice.yahoo.com