[ltp] T43: BIOS enabling useless R5C822 SD/MMC bridge

Sun, 2 Jul 2006 21:00:15 -0300

On Sat, 24 Jun 2006, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> I noticed a few days back that the T43 BIOS (model 2687-DDU) is enabling the
> SD/MMC bridge in the Ricoh R5C822 chip.  It shows up as device 0000:0b:00.1
> (the PC-Card bridge is device 0000:0b:00.0).

Lenovo also decided this was a stupid idea, and fixed it on BIOS 1YET62WW
(1.27).   Good thing it was bothering the Windows users as well (as Windows
would try to install the MMC/SD drivers :-P).

Incidently, this BIOS (plus EC update 1.06/1YHT29WW) fix some bad bugs on
BIOS 1.25+EC 1.05.  1.25 was so bad that Lenovo removed 1.25 from public
access with the 1.27 release (something they usually don't do).

So, if you have BIOS 1.25 on a T43 26xx, update the EC and BIOS ASAP.  I am
now going to poke on the ACPI tables for 1.27 to see if they fixed anything
there...

Now, if only they could decide WHAT you have to update first, their
documentation clearly says "BIOS first, EC second".  Their Windows update
tools (both of them) so far always did EC first, BIOS second here.

  Henrique Holschuh