[ltp] Boot screen is small on T23

Sun, 2 Jul 2006 16:34:09 +0200

On Tue, Jun 27, 2006 at 22:55:50 +0200, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Am Montag 26 Juni 2006 15:08 schrieb Tino Keitel:
>
> > For the vt's: use HV expansion or enable VESA or Savage framebuffer in
> > the kernel, but I have issues with suspend to RAM with VESA and suspend
> > to disk with Savage framebuffer.
>
> Hello Tino,
>
> whats those issues and with which kernel version?

The kernel version was around 2.6.15 IIRC.

With vesafb, the text console is garbled after suspend to RAM, and I
don't know a way to restore it.

With savagefb, I had freezes after suspend to disk using suspend2. The
freezes occurred e.g. when I suspended with the ThinkLight enabled, and
the tpb program starts its OSD and says "ThinkLight off". I could work
around this, by just disabling the ThinkLight before suspend, but I
don't know what other situations could trigger the freeze, and I rather
have a reliable suspend function.

Regards,
Tino