[ltp] Fan control under ubuntu

Michael Ott linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 4 Jul 2006 14:15:14 +0200

Hello Ignacio!

> >I've been noticing that under ubuntu the fan of the computer starts and =
never=20
> >stops until I shut down - which might mean that I don't have power manag=
ement=20
> >properly set up.
>=20
> What's the room temperature? What's the CPU temperature? What's the CPU f=
req?
>=20
> I have an R51 and in winter the fan stops without problems when the CPU (=
or=20
> whatever) temp drops below ~37=B0C. Now it's summer and I have no air=20
> conditioning, the room temperature is well above 25=B0C (almost 30=B0C) n=
ow I=20
> don't see the CPU below 40=B0C, that means the fan never stops (fortunate=
ly).
On my T43 the fan start when the CPU have 60=B0 and stop when it reach
54=B0. Do you think that the fan have to start when the CPU have reached
40=B0C. Not in the winter my Thinkpad is under 50=B0C.

=20
CU       =20
        =20
  Michael =20
         =20
--=20
    ,''`.   Michael Ott, e-mail: michael at zolnott dot de
   : :' :   Debian SID on Thinkpad T43:=20
   `. `'    http://www.zolnott.de/laptop/ibm-t43-uc34nge.html=20
     `-    =20
Jeden Mittwoch von 21 - 24 Uhr. Zosh! auf Radio Z.=20
Das H=E4rteste, was der Musikmarkt zu bieten hat. http://www.zosh.de
Online h=F6ren: http://www.radio-z.net=20