[ltp] Trackpoint and mouse - scroll doesn't work

Piotr Wydymus linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 4 Jul 2006 23:12:50 +0200

> Unfortunately, the PS/2 port and the Trackpoint are the same mouse (on
> pre-synaptics thinkpads); they both are connected "in series"
> internally, and both write to /dev/psaux.

Ha, thanks. It's pity.

> The BIOS has an option for what to do in this case; you can disable one
> or the other, but you can't make them independent.

I've noticed that, but in case I use WiFi, and disconnect my T23 from dock=
=20
many times it isn't a solution.

> So you can't do what you want to do, unless you use a USB mouse.

Ha, good idea. But the question is: "Why in Windows XP everythink works fin=
e?"=20
i.e. "third button scroll" in trackpoint works, and mouse scroll too - in=20
traditional way?

> Note: what you have actually done here is to create 2 devices (in
> xorg.conf) which use the same device (in /dev/). =A0This makes no sense,
> and I suspect that xorg.conf is ignoring the second stanza
> [psaux is already open; I bet you have AllowMouseOpenFail enabled].
> Then, you just have the external PS/2 mouse acting exactly the same way
> as the trackpoint.

=46act. But i've tried also /dev/input/mouse0 /dev/input/mice instead of on=
e=20
psaux. The only difference was that in one case third trackpoint button=20
and "scroll" worked as hmm... "mark tool" (?) - I mean it marked like Shift=
 +=20
cursor.

Cheers,
Dnia wtorek, 4 lipca 2006 21:50, Richard Neill napisa=B3:

=2D-=20
Piotr Wydymus
GG: 2904275