[ltp] Anyone else fix a problem with a "blinking" fglrx driver?

Guarded Identity linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 6 Jul 2006 13:13:53 -0500

Hi,

I have the lastest fglrx driver installed (8.26.18) and it seems to be working
really nicely.  The Powerplay stuff is even doing a nice job with the GPU
power management.

However, every so often, my screen very blinks off (for a small but noticeable
fraction of a second).   This seems to happen a few times.  It's very
intermittent, so I haven't quite figured out what triggers it -- some
interaction with some other event.  I'm just a little worried that something
is being physically stressed, but my gut feeling is that everything is all
right.

Anyway, I thought that I probably am not the only one experiencing this.  I
Googled a little for this issue, but I guess my key words weren't good if
it's out there.  Hopefully someone here has witnessed this.  Maybe you know
what this issue is (and even better how to fix it)?

Thanks,
Sukant