[ltp] Can RadeonFB's DynClocking Conflict with Fglrx's Powerplay?

TNKS linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 15 Jul 2006 10:30:44 -0500

Hi,

Relatively recently there was a discussion about not using rovclock in
conjunction with Dynamic Clocking of the open-source ATI X driver.  This
made sense to me, and I understand the rationale.

However, I just noticed a line in my dmesg:  "radeonfb: Dynamic Clock
Power Management enabled."

Can this cause problems with Fglrx's Powerplay?  I'm not seeing a problem as
my system stands, but that doesn't mean that there isn't an underlying
problem.

If there is a problem, I'd like to have a frame buffer than can hit the
1400x1050 resolution that radeonfb can hit.  I'm not sure vesafb can do
this.  Does anyone know much about vesafb-tng?

Thanks,
Sukant