[ltp] Disabling moving/tapping touchpad but leave scrolling?

Jiang Qian linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 18 Jul 2006 15:40:54 -0400

Hi All:
I use trackpoint exclusively on my T43, therefore I'm annoyed when I
accidentally touch the touchpad and cause the mouse to move wildly.
However I do find vertical and horizontal scrolling with touchpad edge
useful when viewing large pictures or webpages.

Is there a way to disable the synaptic touchpad so that it does not move
the mouse nor tap to create click, but still able to use as a scroll
wheel on the edge?  I'm using Ubuntu Hoary 5.04 with custom 6.15.7
kernel and Xorg 6.8.2 synaptic touchpad version 0.13.6

Thanks in advance for insights.

Jiang