[ltp] glxgears doesn't work for fglrx 8.27.10?

Jiang Qian linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 29 Jul 2006 06:34:52 -0400

Hi all:

After installing fglrx 8.27.10, I found that the infamous glxgears gives
extremely low fps of 43! Even more suspicious, the CPU is barely used at
all(load around 3%).

3D is still working, because fgl_glxgears gives a more assuring 288 fps,
google earth continues to show all its 3D terrain glories, and most
importantly for me, stellarium continues gives 120+fps and run smoothly.
fglrxinfo show it's using fglrx instead of mesa, and glxinfo shows
direct rendering Yes. Not that I'm too obsessed with glxgears, but is
there any way to debug what's going on?

Info. T43 1.86Ghz, 1GB ram, X300 Ati Mobility(M22), xorg 6.8.2, ubuntu
hoary(I know it's old, but I've got dissertation going on...), 2.6.15
custom kernel.
glxgears -info gives
GL_MAX_VIEWPORT_DIMS=4096/4096
GL_RENDERER   = MOBILITY RADEON X300 Generic
GL_VERSION    = 2.0.5946 (8.27.10)
GL_VENDOR     = ATI Technologies Inc.
and lots more...

Thanks in advance.