[ltp] X22 GL perfomance?

Sun, 04 Jun 2006 00:59:32 +0100

Dear All,

I wonder whether anyone can give me a quick benchmark as to expected
3d-accel performance on an X22?

I've got about 230 fps out of glxgears, and some of the GL applications
(eg xscreensaver's "bouncing cow") work just fine. But other things (eg
tuxracer or helios are really bad. (about 2 fps)

The odd thing is that my slightly older A22p has very good performance
by comparison, which is why I think it could be better.

I've already tweaked everything in xorg.conf, and tried what google has
to suggest, to no avail.

Can any other X22 (or X20,X21) owner tell me whether I could do better,
or whether it is as good as it gets? I am beginning to suspect that I
may be chasing wild geese (or perhaps wild penguins?)

Thanks very much,

Richard

---
More details:

X22 thinkpad, 256MB, p3 800MHz, ati graphics.
Mandriva 2006 community, xorg 6.9.0. Also tried latest knoppix.
The only option which seems to make a difference is 16 vs 24 bit.
sw_cursor, loading GLCore etc have no noticeable effect.