[ltp] Re: Bad news for us ...

Kris Steenhaut linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 04 Jun 2006 02:30:19 +0200

Andreas Gredler ha scritto:

>On Sat, Jun 03, 2006 at 02:39:27PM -0400, Andrew Barr wrote:
>

>>They aren't doing Linux preloading anymore. I could
>>(and I suspect most of you could) care less. Nothing has changed that
>>I'm concerned about.
>>

>BTW: Where were those notebooks with Linux preloaded sold? Here in
>Austria and AFAIK in germany, too, there was no chance to get a Linux
>notebook.

In Germany IBM (thus not Lenovo) sold some TP with Linux preinstalled.
But that's not the point. The real question is: will you be able to
install a non Windy operating system onto Lenovo Laptops? And I'm afraid
it will be hard to do, for, as everyone SHOULD know, if Microsoft grants
a favour, it comes at a huge price.

--
Groeten uit Gent,

   Kris