[ltp] Bad news for us ...

Kris Steenhaut linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 04 Jun 2006 14:57:35 +0200

David A. Desrosiers ha scritto:

>On Sun, 2006-06-04 at 13:08 +0200, Laurent Gilson wrote:
>

>>The little problem i see with that: which are the alternatives ? Which
>>reliable, esay-to-maintain, linux laptop is sold right here, right
>>now?
>>

>	As the archives for this list would seem to attest, as well as the
>Linux on Laptops page, that answer would seem to be... well, every
>single Thinkpad sold to date. I can personally attest to a 560E, 600E,
>T22, T23, and most-recently a T42p,

Yes, we all lnow about that, but these things are out of production, and even the T42 types aren't really in stock anymore, unless here and there some left overs. Leaves you with second hand and/or ebay and other auctions.

And by the way, as most of you apparently have missed it: Lenovo announced it won't keep the change-batteries stock anymore, as IBM did (one of the reasons of their losses btw). So, if it was me, I wouldn't purchase a too old type anyway.

Meanwhile I hope my TP41 will last for another 4 years at least. (-:

--
Groeten uit Gent,

   Kris