[ltp] Re: unable to resume ThinkPad R40e after ACPI suspend-to-RAM

Florian Reitmeir linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 6 Jun 2006 13:10:07 +0200

> Florian Reitmeir <thinkpad <at> reitmeir.org> writes:
> > the problem i saw is that ACPI on this model, also can't send ACPI messages.
> > For example there is no ACPI lid event or other than the power button (the
> > power button is a fix feature).
> >
> > I've tried things like acpi=noirq and other irq options in the kernel, also i
> > added a manually compiled DSDT, with no success.
>
> it seems to me this could be the cause of the problem, I was unable to set up
> any of these events too.
>
> The table for enabling/disabling ACPI wake-up events seems to be OK:
> $ cat /proc/acpi/wakeup
> Device  Sleep state     Status
>  LID       3            * enabled
> SLPB       3            * enabled
> PCI0       4            disabled
> USB0       3            disabled
> AC97       4            disabled
>  LAN       4            disabled

We looked at this special model on DebConf6 for a really long while. And
everythings looks ok. (DSDT code, IRQs, ... )

There must something broken with the DSDT, on my
unprofessional opinion it looks OK. Maybe its worth trying to find
someone on an linux acpi list who is a DSDT guru..

--
Florian Reitmeir