[ltp] T22 halt including powering off - ACPI or APM

Daniel Maier linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 13 Jun 2006 11:41:57 +0200

--cNdxnHkX5QqsyA0e

On Mon, Jun 12, 2006 at 10:06:15PM -0400, FeRD wrote:
> I had my T22 working perfectly with ACPI using Fedora Core 4 until the=20
> last few kernels before FC5 (and the problems continued into FC5.) I've=
=20
> never figured out what's gone wrong, and the older kernels that "used to=
=20
> work" are just too old to consider going back to.
>=20
> Seems like under 2.6.15 and 2.6.16, tho, everything related to PM and=20
> ACPI has gone to hell in a bitbucket. Even tpb(1) stopped working, I no=
=20
> longer get onscreen display of the volume changes or=20
> ThinkLight/brightness events. The volume buttons and Fn-PgUp/Home/End=20
> still function, but tpb(1) resolutely refuses to admit that any activity=
=20
> is coming out of /dev/nvram.
This happens when ACPI dies. I use the volume buttons from time to
time to see wether ACPI is still alive. But this happened also with
2.6.12 and earlier kernels.
With kernels after 2.6.15.6 I can't even resume properly, as
echo mem > /sys/power/state hangs (the shell I execute it) and so
the resume is never finished.
> I'm stymied, personally. Sucks because at one point I was even using=20
> cubbi's kernels to do suspend2 suspend-to-disk, now that stuff's crapped=
=20
> out on me too.
>=20
> The OSD and Fn-key combos still work booted into Win2000 so I know my=20
> hardware didn't spontaneously get tired, nor did I let the blue smoke=20
> out or anything bad like that.

The OSD is always software, while the function itselfs (thinklight,
brightness, volume, etc) is hardware, so it will work always.

Regards, nusse.

--cNdxnHkX5QqsyA0e

--cNdxnHkX5QqsyA0e--