[ltp] OT: Google Release GoogleEarth Linux

Torsten Wolf linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 13 Jun 2006 21:15:13 +0200

* Jiang Qian <qian2@fas.harvard.edu> [06-06-13 13:27]:
>*native* port! It even runs fine on my now aged ubuntu hoary! Run very
>smoothly Hurray this give non-gamers like me some reward on getting the
>3D working!

Yeah, but it seems that this does not hold for all non-gamers ;) R52
with x300 graphics device and r300 driver is unuseable (too slow). The
application identifies OpenGL as the renderer and I see some output on
the console:

*********************************WARN_ONCE*********************************
File r300_render.c function r300Fallback line 486
Software fallback:ctx->Line.SmoothFlag
Try R300_SPAN_DISABLE_LOCKING env var if this hangs.
File r300_state.c function r300Enable line 475
TODO - double side stencil !

This "Software fallback" sounds ugly to me. But no reason to switch back
to fglrx.

Regards,
Torsten