[ltp] EC hangs again?

Shem Multinymous linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 15 Jun 2006 19:22:32 +0300

Hi,

> I thought that the embedded controller hangs in tp_smapi were licked once and
> for all

So did I... But I know of someone who still gets them, and I got one
myself a couple of hours ago (first one in months!).

So far the only thing we've ascertained is that the hangs are
triggered when talking to the EC in the mousedev_poll() function of
hdaps.c, which is a timer handler running in softirq context . But in
tp_smapi 0.20 this function is doing something very similar to vanilla
hdaps. so it's not at all clear why vanilla hdaps never hangs (or does
it?).

What is your precise kernel version + patches? Which hdaps or tp_smapi
-related applications are you running, and can you discern a pattern
in when the hang happens? Please provide a link to your kernel .config
file.

  Shem