[ltp] Re: OT: Google Release GoogleEarth Linux

Frank Gevaerts linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 16 Jun 2006 17:25:28 +0200

On Fri, Jun 16, 2006 at 04:53:39PM +0200, Michael wrote:
> Charles E "Rick" Taylor IV wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 2006-06-16 at 14:23 +0100, Hamish Marson wrote:
> >
> >> Oh yea. Works great on my r50p with xorg r300 drivers... Suspend & all.
> >
> > It doesn't seem to work well on my X31 (Radeon Mobility M6 LY, Ubuntu
> > Breezy).  It runs and I can "use" it, but there's flickery graphical
> > garbage covering part of the Earth.  Other 3D apps seem to run fine.
> >
> Strangely, it works when you use 24bit as screen depth. Seems to be a bug in
> the radeon driver?

Probably. I had the same problem in debian/sid (didn't try 24 bit however),
and it was solved by compiling a new driver from
git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/driver/xf86-video-ati

Frank