[ltp] aticonfig / powerstate and corrupt display

WSR linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 19 Jun 2006 21:46:00 -0700

I have also experienced this issue with Dapper Drake & SuSE 10.1.

I am now running gentoo ~x86 with 2.6.16.9 suspend2-r8 (v2.5.5 suspend2
w/ gentoo patches I believe)

with gentoo, the problem is not there.  Im not sure its an xorg thing,
because it has appeared both with xorg 6.9 and xorg 7.0.  With gentoo I
can set powerstate low w/ both ac and battery power, and it works
regardless if I have s2ram lately or if its a fresh boot.

Another weird thing I have noticed is that when i s2ram it works great,
but if I leave it s2ram for like 4 hours (even with 100% charge, or on
ac) it won't come back.  It will work fine up to about an hour.

If anyone has anything that we can compare, we should try to find the
difference. I come from a debian background and would like to use
dapper, but now that I am getting into gentoo, its pretty cool too.
Because of this I only get 3hrs of battery life w/ dapper.  I get 5.2
with gentoo (using 9 cell).

-scott