[ltp] radeonfb sleep patch for kernel 2.6.15

Stefan Schmidt linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 20 Jun 2006 08:41:40 +0200

--wTWi5aaYRw9ix9vO

Hello.

On Tue, 2006-06-20 at 01:34, Guarded Identity wrote:
>=20
> 2) Since it seems I'm sometimes in a position to "over-sleep" my laptop. =
 it=20
> would be nice to convert my sleep into a Suspend2 hibernation.  I was tal=
king=20
> to someone in #suspend2 who mentioned that his Acer laptop automatically=
=20
> wakes up from an ACPI S3 when the battery reaches a certain limit.  He sa=
ys=20
> he couldn't find anywhere in the BIOS that might control this behavior; m=
aybe=20
> it's some weird Acer-specific behavior.  But this does allow a script to =
be=20
> run that can hibernate upon sensing the battery is too low.  Is it possib=
le=20
> to get Thinkpads to similarly wake up from an ACPI S3 sleep?  If not, the=
n=20
> can APM be set up to suspend-to-disk if a sleeping computer's battery get=
s=20
> dangerously low?

A more geeric way would be to suspend to both, ram and disk. If your
laptop runs out of ower during suspend to ram you can still resume
=66rom disk.

The new userspace suspend stuff from 2.6.17 should do exactly this.
I've no time to try this at the moment. Sorry.

http://suspend.sourceforge.net/intro.shtml

regards
Stefan Schmidt

--wTWi5aaYRw9ix9vO