[ltp] belt & suspenders suspend-to-ram script for acpid

Charles E "Rick" Taylor IV linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 22 Jun 2006 13:58:59 -0400

On Thu, 2006-06-22 at 10:45 -0600, Eric Jorgensen wrote:

>    The X21 is just an X20 with a faster cpu - and has no 3d accel at
> all. You have a much newer ATi graphics chip.

There is (or *was*, at least) 3D support for the Mach64 chip in the X20,
but it's not built by default in any distribution I've used.

I had 3D working on my old X20 with Fedora Core 3, at least.  See here:

http://rickandpatty.com/tpx20.html

I think there might have been an issue with there not being enough video
memory to enable 3D accel in some X20s and X21s with the 1024x768
screen.

*  Charles E. "Rick" Taylor, IV <rick@rickandpatty.com>
*  Web: http://www.rickandpatty.com
* Blog: http://shrimpandgrits.rickandpatty.com