[ltp] Boot screen is small on T23

Mon, 26 Jun 2006 15:15:20 +0100

Dale Amon wrote:
> I am booting a T23 from grub and only get a small
> screen in the center for boot and vt's. I got X to work
> full screen with no problem.
>
> Is there a grub hack to fix this?

I think you want to enable "Screen expansion" in the BIOS.

If you have, say a 1024x768 LCD, but the actual signal is only for
640x480 (the default, iirc, for the BIOS and VTs), then the
screen can either display 640x480 in the middle (with a black border),
or it can expand it to the full size (but it will be a bit blurry.)

Alternatively, you want something like "vga=791" in your kernel
parameters.  (see kernel-parameters in /usr/src/linux for details)

HTH.

Richard