[ltp] Re: OT: Google Release GoogleEarth Linux

Wed, 28 Jun 2006 19:45:48 +0100

Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Is there the slightest chance of Google Earth
> running on a ThinkPad T23 or even a ThinkPad T20
> under Linux or Windows?

Should be OK.  The T20 isn't that old (about 5 years iirc), and does
have 3D accelerated graphics.

Under Linux, you can use mesa, even if you haven't got a 3d capable
graphics card (or you have one, but no 3d driver). That said, it will be
unbearably slow (1fps?). If you have any sort of 3d accel in hardware
(even an ancient card), it will be tolerable.

What fps do you get when you run glxgears? I get 600-900 on an A22 which
is similar in age.

Richard