[ltp] Re: OT: Google Release GoogleEarth Linux

Timothy Murphy linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 29 Jun 2006 00:25:39 +0100

On Wednesday 28 June 2006 19:45, Richard Neill wrote:

> > Is there the slightest chance of Google Earth
> > running on a ThinkPad T23 or even a ThinkPad T20
> > under Linux or Windows?
>
> Should be OK.  The T20 isn't that old (about 5 years iirc), and does
> have 3D accelerated graphics.

> What fps do you get when you run glxgears? I get 600-900 on an A22 which
> is similar in age.

Sadly, the best score I have (with the maximum of 512MB RAM) on my T20 is
[tim@elizabeth ~]$ glxgears
70 frames in 5.6 seconds = 102.687 FPS

Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366