[ltp] Re: Linux-Thinkpad digest, Vol 1 #1303 - 15 msgs

Guarded Identity linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 29 Jun 2006 11:50:01 -0500

I'll bite.

I'm thinking from the tone of your message that you might not yet know about
www.thinkwiki.org.  It's got TONS of information and helpful instruction.
That's the definitive starting point for Thinkpad users running GNU/Linux.
If ThinkWiki doesn't have what you need, it can at least give you some great
keyword phrases to Google.

Here's a short answer regarding measuring power, though.  There's a tool
called "acpitool" that reads the /proc/acpi interface and prints out a nice
report.  But you can always look directly at /proc/acpi/battery/BAT0/info.
Also, if you are using the tp_smapi kernel module, you can get the same
information and more from /sys/devices/platform/smapi/BAT0/.

- Sukant