[ltp] USB mouse on R52 (getting scrolling to work)

m h linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 17 Mar 2006 18:48:01 +0000

Hi folks-
Just found this list!  I bought an R52 last month and put Gentoo on
it.  Most things are working, now I'm just resolving annoyances.  One
is that usb mouse scrolling doesn't work.

Here's the relevant seciton of xorg.conf:
Section "InputDevice"
=09Identifier  "USB Mouse"
=09Driver      "mouse"
=09Option=09    "Protocol" "imps/2"
=09#Option=09    "Protocol" "ps/2"
=09Option      "Buttons" "5"
=09#Option=09    "Device" "/dev/input/usbmice"
=09Option=09    "Device" "/dev/input/event4"
=09Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"

EndSection

I've tried various combinations of Protocol and Device, but just can't
get scrolling to work.  Any hints?

thanks

matt

ps- bonus question.  I've got side (right edge) scrolling working for
the synaptics pad, but not circular scrolling... Is this not available
on the R52?