[ltp] T43, suspend-to-ram via acpi, hang on resume

Macskasi Csaba linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 21 Mar 2006 22:37:20 +0100

Still remember my last post about suspending an R50e w/o vbtool? I did not
remember clearly. I am sorry for providing false information. As a matter
of fact I had the same screen-blank problem on resumes. Here is a script
which works with my R50e (intel graphic card) and it _does_ use vbtool:

--- snip ---

#!/bin/bash
/bin/sync
/sbin/rmmod uhci-hcd
/sbin/rmmod ehci-hcd
/usr/bin/chvt 1
# unload fucking modem driver...
hsfstop
vbetool vbestate save > /var/cache/video.state
cat /proc/bus/pci/00/02.0 > /var/cache/video.config
hdparm -y /dev/hda
echo -n mem > /sys/power/state
cat /var/cache/video.config > /proc/bus/pci/00/02.0
cat /var/cache/video.state | vbetool vbestate restore
vbetool post
rm -rf /var/cache/video.config
rm -rf /var/cache/video.state
/usr/bin/chvt 7
/sbin/modprobe uhci-hcd
/sbin/modprobe ehci-hcd

--- snip ---

Some usb devices did not work correctly as you can guess, but now
everything works fine.

Best wishes,
Csaba

--